Fundraising Consultant (Generalist)
Association of Science Communicators (ASC) is a non-profit organization that seeks to empower and inspire the science communication community to expand their communication potential and impact the world. We promote responsible practices in science communication, facilitate discussion and exchange of ideas, enable networking, and foster public engagement.
We are searching for a generalist fundraising consultant to help our organization connect with various funding opportunities, including corporate sponsorships, grants, and individual donors. The consultant will provide support to ASC’s volunteer Board of Directors with day-to-day fundraising activities and communications.
The duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Strategy work on philanthropic revenue streams and opportunities;
- Create funder- and donor-focused communication materials, such as emails, proposals, letters of intent, newsletters, concept papers, decks, and reports;
- Plan, execute, and track the success of fundraising campaigns;
- Maintain relevant documentation systems; general record-keeping & data entry;
- Assist the Board of Directors in growing ASC’s funding network and building relationships with donors, program officers, and other partners;
- Research and identify philanthropic funding opportunities and networks
- Manage and grow ASC’s conference sponsorship program;
- Work closely with ASC’s executive director and senior fundraising consultant;
- Other fundraising/development responsibilities, as they arise.
An ideal candidate would have:
- 2+ years of general fundraising experience;
- Familiarity with different philanthropic funding sources and communications practices (foundation, corporate, individual);
- Strong persuasive writing skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High-level organization skills, project & task management skills, and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and principles, and an understanding of the importance of relationship building in fundraising;
- An ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Adept at “managing up” and comfortable with providing support to a volunteer Board of directors;
- A background in science communication or a related field is a plus.
This is a remote, part-time, independent contractor role. Compensation: $40-$60 per hour (negotiable).
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed beginning Jan 27 and the position is open until filled.